Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Adventures in Technology

I am quite impressed with myself for making a video using a webcam, making it into a video on Movie Maker, and then downloading it onto YouTube. It is amazing what I am now capable of doing. I had a really hard time getting a decent video on my webcam. The lighting was terrible and the image staring back at me is the scariest version of myself I have ever seen. I had a little trouble with Movie Maker but I found YouTube to be really user friendly. Seeing my video on YouTube would have been more satisfying if I did not look like I had a mental affliction. I did not know I could look that ridiculous. I hope that very few people ever view it. Here is the link to my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSLycMmbWo .

3 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,

    I viewed your video last night and I thought you did very well. I curious about the problem you had with MovieMaker. I was working with it last week and it froze on me and I lost a lot of work. I'm also a little annoyed with it because you can only put one audio track on it. I am using still pictures for my bio and adding a digital audio recording to narrate it. I would like to be able to also add a track with back ground music, but because you can only have one audio file playing at a time you have to talk over the music. I had trouble getting the volume right and got frustrated so I've put off for a bit! Maybe tonight I'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I have read through your posts and I want to congratulate you on your insights and the progress you have made. I will be trying to post on youtube soon, as well. I also like your blog's layout. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Johhny.

    Stephen you are ahead of me with getting audio on MovieMaker. I could not figure out how to add audio so instead of using pictures and narrating I just decided to use a webcam video. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete