Friday, April 3, 2009

My Adventures in Technology - Flip Video Camera

My friend just purchased a Flip Video Camera which we decided to try out today. We made a few short videos of our kids and then downloaded them to her computer. I was very impressed with how easy it was to use. The camera had very few buttons and the USB connection was built right into it. I am considering getting one for personal use and I will be recommending that my school purchase a few for use in the classroom. I think they could be a very cool educational tool and I know many schools are currently using them.

P.S. My friend also recommended that I watch Dr. Randy Pausch's video called Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. It was very powerful and if you have time it is worth watching. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo .

2 comments:

  1. The Last Lecture is an awesome read Megan. It is a little over 200 pages and is filled with life lessons. It would take a person just a little time to read it. I am often a person to read a book once and then shelve it, but this book is worthy of subsequent reads. Ironically it is very filled with technology reference (Alice for one). This is definitely a must and since I have had kids (as you have had) very topical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I am always looking for great reads.

    ReplyDelete