Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Adventures in Technology - Skype

I had the opportunity to check out Skype last night. I downloaded it with little trouble. I tested out my sound by adding the "demo girl" to my list and having a practice phone call with her. The only trouble I had was finding contacts. There was a place that you could check if any of your email contacts were on Skype but it did not have the capability to check hotmail or gmail, which are my only two email accounts. I could not think of anyone I knew on Skype so I did not check for anyone in the directory. My only contact is "demo girl". I am glad that I signed up because in the future I may find some contacts and I think it will be an awesome way to communicate with them.

Here is a link to Skype: http://www.skype.com/.

P.S. My husband and I were talking about Skype and thinking how awesome it would have been if it was around when I interned in England and he stayed in Canada. It would have saved us a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment