Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Adventures in Technology

This class is quickly coming to a close and as I am doing the final edits on my blog and wiki it is clear how much I have learned. The acquisition of this knowledge can be attributed to both spending time exploring sites on my own and the help from the on-line community that I now belong to. In the middle of this class I felt that I was not making the connections with my classmates that I hoped. As I have recently had more time to dedicate to this class, and spent more time reading and commenting on classmates' blogs, I am feeling the sense of community that I had been searching for.

I have explored so may new web tools that I will use in my classroom. There are still so many I want to explore such as Google Docs, Flickr and Wordle. The beauty of this type of learning is that I can continue exploring technology in the future. After completing my digital project I now have an on-line unit that I can use in my health class. Wikispaces is so easy to use that I will continue to design units using it.

I believe that incorporating technology will be of utmost importance in engaging students now and in years to come. This class has been one of the best of my masters program. The knowledge I have acquired has helped me on both a professional and personal level. I no longer consider myself technologically illiterate.

***All of the entries titled "My Adventures in Technology" are where I documented how I developed personal learning environments and networks during this course. ***

2 comments:

  1. Megan you make a couple of points that resonate with me. First of all, this class has opened a world to us that we can't help but explore further after this class is over. There is so much to explore and so many extra-ordinary tools that once exposed to you would be crazy to ignore.

    The other point you make about finding connections rings very true with me. I'm not sure if I have a twitter addiction, but in an effort to complete some tasks I have not logged in and I feel disconnected. Sometimes my PLN gives me a laugh, a compliment, a promising link, or even answers a question. I had one fellow the other day experimenting with video conversion programs in an effort to help me. The online community has opened up the idea of professionalism to new degree for me; now the challenge, for me anyway, is to take this new learning and attitude about sharing into my school community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment. You have been very helpful when any of our classmates have had technical problems. It is efforts like these that really help build on-line communities.

    ReplyDelete