Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28 - Twitter Video

I was reading my husband's blog and watched an excellent video about Twitter he had found on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w. It is called Twouble with Twitters. It is hilarious and right on the money when it describes people's addiction to social networking sights like Twitter (or Facebook). Some people are obsessed with having people know what they are doing at all times via status updating. These sights seem to bring out people's exhibitionist side. I thought it was funny when Craig, the character in the video, stated that he did not care what other people were doing he just wanted everyone else to know what he was doing. In my case I am also curious about what other people are doing, although I really cannot explain why. Perhaps I am a lurker after all. For the most part, the people on my social networking accounts are not really close friends, rather they are just acquaintances. How trivial I have made these sites. Oh well, as the video shows, I am definitely not alone.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone will respond to these social networks differently, so don't feel like you have to join the flock. However, experimentation is important, in any case, especially today for teachers. And lurking is a good thing ... there's is much to learn this way as well.

    ReplyDelete