Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Adventures in Technology

I am currently working on my digital project, which is developing a course wiki for the grade 5 health unit nutrition. Wikispaces is a fairly user friendly sight. I find it easy to edit and I have successfully incorporated many links to my page. What I appreciate most about this project is that I am actually going to use it in my classroom. Many times throughout this Masters course I have found projects interesting but wondered how I would incorporate them into my teaching. I really believe that my students are going to enjoy this wiki. Using it will also help me incorporate technology into my unit in a meaningful way. I am going to get the students to develop their own blogs to complete a variety of assignments. Here is a link to my wiki http://gradefivenutrition.wikispaces.com/. Keep in mind it is a work in progress.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, so glad that this will be useful ... that's the important piece. And I love wikispaces as a tool, have used it so often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wiki! Nice work. In fact, you may have saved yourself a lot of time and work when you return to school. I have used a wiki and love the ease of use. It's easy to edit, easy to add pictures, video and links. I enjoyed reading Jane Doe's profile - she loves Health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking it out Kim. Jane Doe is my best student:).

    ReplyDelete